For calculation and planning purposes each slot is 11.000 LTD at our European yard and 22.000 LTD at our Asian yard. We will calculate the actual slot allocation based on the actual LTD per vessel, so a vessel of 15.000 LTD is abt. 1,5 slot in Europe and abt. 0,75 Slot in Asia.
The EEC Slot Booking System (SBS) is designed to deal with the factors of:
- Lack of EEC like recycling facilities at competitive prices
- The need to line up ships in an organized manner
- The need of sellers to have the assurance & comfort, without undue handcuffs.
The Elegant Exit Company is ready to take bookings:
- On mutually beneficial terms
- On a case-by-case basis
- Offering maximum flexibility
- Including pricing and terms
For example, if a client is looking to sell a number of senior ships over the next 5 years, they can attach the Slot Booking contract to the S&P MOA (like a TC attached).
A shipowner that books a slot with the Elegant Exit Company will:
- Get a guaranteed slot in the future for the greenest, most environmentally friendly, most socially responsible, fully compliant recycling yard.
- Have a guaranteed future recycling date at the time planned for the vessel's arrival at our facility with this slot.
- Have the possibility to make use of our asset warehousing, before recycling (quayside & anchorage options).
- Get rid of all the hassles and legal uncertainties that are attached to the present Ship Recycling scene. EEC takes full responsibility and takes all liability away by recycling the vessel at our facilities.
The EEC Slot booking System is an additional service to our Own Operate and Recycle system and our Sale & Leaseback system. Both systems have slot bookings attached.
If a slot is booked, we can add a warehousing service to store your vessel(s) before recycling.